The 2 Main Reasons Why Jiu-Jitsu Is The Single Best Martial Art For Self-Defense And Fighting
This is still one of the most common questions about Jiu-Jitsu. In this video, I will explain my perspective on...
- Why the early UFCs answered the question about which martial art was most effective… and why those answers are still relevant today [0:56]
- How the original structure of the UFC, which included 3 or 4 fights per night to win, and no-gloves and barely any rules, shaped the world of Mixed Martial Arts
- How Royce Gracie really forced the world to learn Jiu-Jitsu (hint: it wasn’t just the fact he won his fights… it was how he won) [7:50]
- Why if you’re doing Jiu-Jitsu correctly, it’s never a fair fight, and the odds are always in your favor [9:20]
- Why the MMA glove was created, and why it’s misleading for what’s effective in a real life fight [11:40]
- Why you may want to revisit the first couple UFCs to see what happened for yourself.
If you practice Jiu-Jitsu for self-defense or MMA, and you're interested in how to use strikes to make your Jiu-Jitsu more effective, or how to defend strikes when you're fighting someone who specializes in a striking art, then click here to learn the concepts and techniques that were forbidden to be taught to anyone outside our old gym, that give you an absolutely unfair advantage in every fight!
Watch time: 13:28